Saturday, June 20, 2015

All we have is faith

Note: I wrote this on the plane yesterday and I'll just leave it as is. When I'm a little more recovered form jet lag I'll write about the first couple days.

"We walk by faith and not by sight." 2 Cor. 5:7

As we boarded the plane today, the words from Sunday's second reading rang particularly true. We don't really know anyone in the town we will be staying in Germany. We don't speak any German. We don't have a place to live. All of our worldly belongings - the things that make a place feel like home - and even the practical things like pots and pans are on a ship for the next 8 weeks or so.

All we can do is trust in God - that he has a reason for this move. We trust that he will send us people to help - and he already has.

Doing that as our plans take a turn is harder than it sounds. This move has made me realize the importance of my daily prayer life, which has largely been lacking, unless you count those said with our 3 year old at night.

Maintaining faith when your world turns upside down is no doubt easier if I practiced that daily prayer and commitment to Gods will. So I plan to start here on the plane. I ask St. Christopher to pray for us we travel and I ask God to help me use this journey as a way to get closer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment